Fixed

Issue with sayText

arin 6 years ago in SitePal Platinum updated by Gil Sideman 6 years ago 21

Hi,

Our sitepal ID is: 6745697, we are in our trial period.

sayText was working fine till we are working with simple text like, "Hello There" or "How are you"

Today while we test using a bit large text 

"Hi Arin, Welcome to Cleard Life. I am stefanie. Your interview will start shortly"

it falls short. We are getting this error continuously.

http://cache-a.oddcast.com/tts/gen.php?EID=3&LID=1&VID=3&TXT=Hi%20Arin%2C%20Welcome%20to%20Cleard%20Life.%20I%20am%20stefanie.%20Your%20interview%20will%20start%20shortly&IS_UTF8=1&EXT=mp3&FNAME=&ACC=5883747&API=&SESSION=&CS=eac230dc7847f81fab7b00539ea5b3fb--header

Please suggest...we are out of time.

Answer

Answer
Under review

We experienced a problem this morning with one of our database clusters. The system is designed to be failsafe, with an automated failover mechanism built-in. Unfortunately the failover did not kick in this time & our team had to manually address the problem.

We are still investigating why this happened & how to better mitigate should this happen again - and will implement improvements as needed.

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

screenshot.jpg

It worked once again and next time got the same error. But the solution cannot be volatile. Please suggest to avoid these kinds of issues.

Answer
Under review

We experienced a problem this morning with one of our database clusters. The system is designed to be failsafe, with an automated failover mechanism built-in. Unfortunately the failover did not kick in this time & our team had to manually address the problem.

We are still investigating why this happened & how to better mitigate should this happen again - and will implement improvements as needed.

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

Does that mean that, this problem is resolved or still exists ??

The problem was resolved before the above message was posted.

Hi Gil,

Thanks for responding. 

I am working on windows 10 with safari (5.1.7). But I am seeing this (attached: safari.jpg)

URL: http://52.64.186.45:8080/avatar/Model-1.html

Please let me know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Hi Arin - 

We can't immediately recreate - looking into it. Will advise.

Gil

Hi Arin - 

We tested on a few browsers (including Safari on Windows) but our team did not experience this problem.

We saw your character load & speak.  We need more information to be able to address this.

Try loading any of our support examples - e.g. - 

http://www.oddcast.com/support1/saytext_classic.html

Does the character load ok in this page? or do you see the same problem?

Please goto supportdetails.com and send the report to support@sitepal.com, along with the link and screenshot posted above. 

This may help us identify the problem.

Thanx

Hi Arin - do you still experience this problem? 

If so - kindly respond to my questions - so that we may further assist.

Regards

Gil

Hi Gil,

Thanks for responding. I am still experiencing the same issue.

I did a fresh install of safari, and tested it, its still exactly the same with the VLC player icon. I dont understand why.

Thanks

Arin - 

Try loading any of our support examples - e.g. - 

http://www.oddcast.com/support1/saytext_classic.html

Does the character load ok in this page? or do you see the same problem?

Does the problem occur also in other browsers?  e.g. Chrome?

or is it specific to safari (on Windows)?

please advise.

This is only happening with windows safari. 

Just to confirm the URL which you provided not working as well 

safari_saytext.jpg

Arin - 

Our best guess is that VLC installation conflicts somehow with our character playback on Safari. We could not recreate it.  To test this hypothesis - I recommend to uninstall VLC and try again. 

Let me know how goes.

Best

Gil

Hi Gil,

Thanks for replying. We are not using safari anymore for windows. But thanks anyway.

On the other hand we are experiencing long delay.

For example

Please check this page

https://vetting.agency/avatar/Model-1.html

while we are using the following text, it is taking almost 7-8 seconds for avatar to start speaking, where as while we try the same in sitepal demo page, its less than 3 seconds. Could you please investigate and let us know why is this happening? As long delay is not expected for good user experience.

We are using the following sentence..

>>>

The SOR alleges in paragraph 1 that Applicant’s ties and travel to Iran raise foreign influence concerns. He admitted subparagraphs 1.a. through 1.c. The SOR alleges in paragraph

>>

Let me know

Thanks - Arin

Looking into it. Will advise.

Just to let you know this issue has moved on to engineering review.

I'll know more later this week.

Arin - 

We've made an update to our code that should optimize response times somewhat, possibly by 10 to 15%.

Also - In our review - we see no difference in response times between your page and our TTS demo here:

www.ttsdemo.com

Please try again and let me know. The mechanism used for playback is the same so it should function the same.

You may also want to test on our Vocalware demo page. 

https://www.vocalware.com/index/demo

Vocalware uses the same platform as SitePal so the performance should also be identical to your page.

Let me know what response times you see now.

Thanx

Hello Gill,

I have one question, that, we are sending text and sitepal respond with speech. Is there anyway, we can receives bytes of that audio?

Please let me know

Thanks - Arin

Hi Arin - 

You mean access to the raw audio data as it is being streamed?

That's not possible I'm afraid - what are you trying to accomplish? 

Please explain perhaps there is another way.

Thanks Gill for your quick reply. Our main motto is to store recordings. So I was trying to get the bytes to create audio file from that. Is there any other way to get the audio?

Hi Arin - as a Platinum customer you have access to the server API, where this integrator level functionality can be enabled for select partners.

Please contact me via email to discuss the details - we would need to know how the audios would be used and discuss business terms. 

Best if you send a note to support@sitepal.com and ask for it to be forwarded to me & we will take it from there.

Regards

Gil