SitePal’s community support is here to offer support, solve problems, share ideas, and update our customers about the latest from SitePal!
+1
Answered

What IE9 Settings Are Required For SitePal?

Mark Century 12 years ago in SitePal Studio updated by Gil 12 years ago 6
I recently reset my IE 9 Browser to its default settings. SitePal no longer works in IE 9 (although it works fine in Google Chrome). What settings need to be set within IE 9 for SitePal to work?
ie 9 ie9 internet explorer 9
Answer
Gil 12 years ago
Mark -

Glad to hear it.
Apparently Adobe have now isolated the problem - it only happens to a small subset of IE9 users - which is why they had not known about it.
For those users they recommend downgrading to the previous verstion of Flash.

I expect that this will be fixed with the next Flash update.
Regards
Gil
+1
Under review

Skins actions not works

Carlos Renato Hernández Rivas 9 years ago in SitePal Studio updated by Gil Sideman 9 years ago 1
I was trying to change the skin of some avatar from my site, I have found a pair of functions (list and assign) in the sitepal server api, but they does not work. I would like to know how can I works with them? and is there any other way to change my skin from code?

Greetings.
+1
Completed

Meet Alex and Linda!

Jesse 13 years ago in SitePal Studio updated by Alex Tamashchuk 13 years ago 2
We're happy to say that we have just introduced two more new 3D avatars in the SitePal editor:

Meet Linda:

Meet Alex:

Our 3D avatars are available to all SitePal customers. In fact, you can try them out in the SitePal Demo Editor.
features avatars new
+1
Fixed

AIMC données manquantes à l'envois sur mon site

POTTELET 11 years ago in SitePal Studio updated by Gil 11 years ago 4
Je n'arrive pas à obtenir la réponse sur mon site aux questions programmées sur AIMC ,qui pourtant fonctionné au début (la fonction réponse est pourtant correcte en preview mais pas sur le site) est ce possible que le faite d'avoir changer mon nom de domaine pourrais jouer sur le problème .Merci
ath athmeteo athstation radio
Answer
Gil 11 years ago
Bonjour,
Pouvez-vous s'il vous plaît envoyer un lien vers votre page Web où le problème peut être vu?
Cordialement,
Gil
équipe SitePal
+1
Completed

Text-to-Speech: Three (3) New Languages

Jesse 13 years ago in SitePal Studio 0
As part of SitePal's ongoing mission to give our customers an ever-expanding selection of options, we're happy to say that we've recently added three (3) new languages to our text-to-speech* (TTS) platform, bringing the total to thirty (30) different languages!

SitePal's New TTS Languages:
1. Indonesian (voice: Damayanti)
2. Romanian (voice: Simona)
3. Hungarian (voice: Eszter)

SitePal's text-to-speech enables users to type in their message, in one of many languages, select a voice, and have their animated avatar read the text aloud (browse more community discussions about text-to-speech). Text-to-speech is the most widely-used audio option for SitePal avatars.

To see SitePal's text to speech feature in action, try one of the following:
- SitePal's text-to-speech translator - Type in your text, choose the language you want to translate to and from, and SitePal will both translate it, and speak it!
- SitePal's text-to-speech widget - Create and share an avatar message using TTS.
- SitePal's Demo editor - Try SitePal's full-feature demo to create a custom avatar. Then, send it to your friends!

*Note that the text-to-speech feature is available from the Silver package and up. For a comparison of SitePal packages, visit www.sitepal.com/packages.
features text to speech packages translate
+1
Answered

Getting the current TTS language ID, voice ID and engine ID

Mark Century 12 years ago in SitePal Studio updated by Gil 12 years ago 1
Is there a way to use the Javascript API to determine the Text To Speech (TTS) language ID, voice ID, and engine ID of the currently loaded scene?
engine id javascript api language id voice id
Answer
Gil 12 years ago
Mark -
I'm afraid not - that's not possible.
Gil
SitePal Team
+1
Answered

setSpeechMovement appears to be missing

Mark Century 12 years ago in SitePal Studio updated by Gil 12 years ago 2
The API function "setSpeechMovement(Amplitude), which controls the degree of head movements during speech for 3D Avatars crashes when called. The call crashes when the SitePal Javascript attempts to relay the call saying that the function does not exist for this object.

I am using this with a 3D model (verified by called Is3D). Is this function no longer supported?
Answer
Gil 12 years ago
Mark,

We identified a problem with this function. The team is on it - and it will be fixed in the next few days.

Thanks for letting us know.

Regards
Gil
SitePal Team
+1
Declined

How do I assign Multiple Audio Messages?

Eva 13 years ago in SitePal Studio updated 13 years ago 1
I'd like to add some more variety to my website. How can I do that with SitePal?
audio faq messages tips
Answer
Eva 13 years ago
When a visitor comes to your site, they hear the message that you have assigned to your avatar. Some users may visit your site more than once, and you may not want these repeat visitors to hear the same message every time. One great way to add more variety, and to keep them engaged, is to assign multiple audio messages to your SitePal scene.

Many SitePal users aren’t aware that, with SitePal, you can easily assign multiple (up to 20) audio messages to each SitePal scene. For example, if you assign 3 audio messages to a scene, your avatar will randomly select one (1) of those messages to say.

Selecting multiple audio messages requires no API knowledge or “special powers” of any kind. It’s easy and quick to set up and can do wonders for your website! Here’s all you need to do:

1. After logging in to your account and selecting the scene you'd like to edit, open the scene editor and select Step #4 (Audios)

2. Choose which audio messages you'd like you'd like this Site avatar to speak. For example, if this scene is on a "contact us" page, the audio messages may all be about how to contact you through that page.

Note: If you don't have all of the audios ready yet, take a moment to plan. Decide which messages are best for the page, and then create them (using any of the 5 methods SitePal offers). Once those audios are created and saved, you'll be able to select them.

Tip: When saving the audio messages, you may want to give them an easy to remember name, such as "contact us 1", "contact us 2", "contact us 3".

3. While still in the Audios step, choose the "Saved" tab (the first tab, to the left of "TTS") and then check the box next for "Select Multiple Audios."

4. Now, select your audios. Simply click once on each of the audios that you would like this character to say (this will only work if "Select Multiple Audios" is selected). To un-select a message, click on it a second time. When finished, click Save Scene.

Finally, embed your scene like you normally would.

That's it! You've just made your site more interactive! Now, when people visit your site, they won't always here the same message, which means they'll remain engaged longer!
+1
Answered

Is there any way to make my AI bot available on an iPad?

ellenvines 10 years ago in SitePal Studio updated by Gil Sideman 9 years ago 5
+1
Answered

Play video on iOS problem.

gianfranco de villa 12 years ago in SitePal Studio updated 12 years ago 15
Hi,
I have done some scenes. They are correctly showed on browser.
In html code there is only code generated by publisher as embedded scene.
No TTS and javascript. But on iPhone/iPad I see only 3 seconds of movie without voice.
Can you help me to solve this problem ?

Thanks.
Gianfranco
Answer
Gil 12 years ago
Gianfranco -

Your implementation has uncovered a missing piece in our iOS solution. The video version of the Scene (which is played on iOS devices) is not currently being regenerated when the Scene is updated through management API calls.

We will update the implementation and correct this lapse. This update has been added to our development plan and should require about 2 weeks.

However please note that video availability will not be immediate. When a Scene is updated, the video version of the updated Scene becomes available up to 1 to 2 min later. Hope that can work for the implementation you have in mind.

Gil