SitePal’s community support is here to offer support, solve problems, share ideas, and update our customers about the latest from SitePal!
+1
Answered
jay whiting 6 years ago in SitePal Gold • updated by Gil 6 years ago 1
Is there any way of copying the scens i have created to a dvd. I have my avatar all set up and running, but when we are at car shows, we have large screens that we use to show our work to a large audience, our avatar would be a great way to start a promotion video. But as with a lot of outside venues we attend, we dont have internet access.
video export
+1
Answered
Stan Guthrie 5 years ago in SitePal Gold • updated by Sumit 5 years ago 1
I am trying the 15 day demo to see if Sitepal with work with articualte - I am struggling. I have no knowledge of flash - not sure if I can use sitepal with this authoring tool or not. Anyone have any success???
storyline articulate
Answer
Sumit 5 years ago
Hi,
Yes SitePal work with articulate, Publish the scene as flash embed code then copy and paste the code into articulate slide using web object tool(media toolbar).

Sumit.
+1
Answered
valsassina.tv 7 years ago in SitePal Gold • updated 7 years ago 11
Sitepal on facebook with FBML
I follow the instruction (http://www.sitepal.com/nl200908/#tipm..., but it doesn't work.
No image is loaded and no avatar is lounched!

Clicca sull'immagine!
fbml facebook
Answer
Gil 7 years ago
ok - we figured out the problem.
the reason the thumbnail did not display in our example - we had a WHITESPACE in front of the image url and swf url. Facebook tries to cache those urls and they do not strip blank spaces...

This is most likely the same problem you ran into.

here's an updated example -

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Harmles...

let me know
+1
Answered
Cyber Bot Master Mark 5 years ago in SitePal Gold • updated by Marcus L Endicott 5 years ago 4
I have a list of over 10,000 words or phrases that are considered to be objectionable, not polite, unkind, profane, etc. How can I QUICKLY get this to become AIML?
objectionable naughty bad
+1
Answered
Brittney McDowell 7 years ago in SitePal Gold • updated by Gil 7 years ago 1
I Cant upload my wmv video file... is 400x300.. a little over 2MB.... WATS THE DAMN PROBLEM!?!?!?
Answer
Gil 7 years ago
Brittney -
I assume you are trying to upload a background.
Our QA reviewed the uploading wmv video as background, and we could not recreate a problem - worked ok for us.

This seems to indicate the problem may specific to the video you are trying to upload. That does not mean something is wrong with the video - but it may be a variant that for some reason we do not support.

It would be great if you could send us the video to support@sitepal.com, together with your account id - and we will look into it and advise further.

We should be able to get the video uploaded to your account for you.
Regards
Gil
SitePal Team
+1
Can the AI engine be used on mobile? I don't mind if, for now, it defaults to no scene, just the AI "say it" and response fields, but we do need a solution where mobile devices are also served by the bot.
+1
Answered
Dudu Dahan 5 years ago in SitePal Gold • updated by Gil 5 years ago 1
hi. i'm new here.
i think it's a basic question. can i deploy and play my scene to local website
with no internet access at all ?
thank's. David.
localhost internet
Answer
Gil 5 years ago
David -

Though this is not possible with SitePal - we do offer at extra cost the option to "export" a Scene - which generates a detached version of the scene that can be hosted anywhere.
Export is licensed by the minute so you would be able to export as many Scenes as you need
For more information - please send a note to sales@sitepal.com

hope this helps,
Gil
SitePal Team
+1
Answered
Carter Maysilles 6 years ago in SitePal Gold • updated by Gil 6 years ago 1
Another department in our company wants to use one of our scenes for a presentation, but we are worried about opening up ALL of our scenes to them. Is there a way to assign a "scene manager" to a specific scene, and give them a different login?
multiple account managers
+1
Fixed
fred lewis 6 years ago in SitePal Gold • updated by Gil 6 years ago 4
Good Day Sitepal,

I'm a Gold account user and I have been trying for more than a week to login to my AIMC account, but my login fails and instead I'm being logged in as a guest. There is no facility in my AIMC to switch from guest to my user account. Several months ago I was able to successfully login to my AIMC account and build an AI bot but that is no longer the case, as even the AI bots that I previously built can no longer respond to questions.

I contacted customer support last week but they seem to be having a difficult even diagnosing the the problem. If possible, would like someone to actually login and test my account before telling me that it is fixed.

Below is a transcript of the last communication with customer support.

HELP PLEASE!

fred lewis

Hi Dan,

I did clear my cache and cookies, however once I arrive at the AIMC landing page it does not have a pulldown menu that gives me the option to switch accounts.

What I see is:

Visitor: Guest User
Current Account: 31

There is a drop down box next to Current Account with the #31 inside, but it does not allow me to chance users.

Why don't you try logging into my account and see for yourself.

Also when I click on Edit Scenes Im taking to a page that displays some of the bots/scenes I have. The Hope Master Bot used to work in the AI mode but now when I try to type in questions I get no audio or text response from the bot.

The bot can be previewed here: https://vhss.oddcast.com/admin/previe...

On 4/14/2011 4:16 AM, Oddcast, Inc wrote:
>
> Update for Case #628697 - "SitePal - f.lewis@fiarthalliance.orgrste -"
>
> Hi,
> I am showing that this has been repaired. Note that in the AI interface, you need to use the pull down to move from demo to personal account. Please clear your cookies and cache and try the interaction again. Let me know if you have any further trouble.
>
> -Dan
>
>
> Click here to update the Case online, or reply to this e-mail
>
> Message History
> -----Original Message-----
> From: f.lewis@firstearthalliance.org
> Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 12:50 am EDT (GMT-04:00)
> Subject: SitePal - f.lewis@fiarthalliance.orgrste -
>
> "Hi Support,
>
> I need to be able to login to my AIMC account and every time I try I'm logged in as guest instead. I have explained below:
>
> Before I tried to access AIMC I was already logged into my SitePal Gold Account at: http://sitepal.com/
>
> Once I was logged into sitepal I was directed to this page: https://vhss.oddcast.com/admin/homepa...
>
> I then clicked on the AIMC link in the menu bar at the top of the page and I was directed to this login page: https://ai.oddcast.com/login.php
>
> I then filled in the user email and password and I was directed to this email: https://ai.oddcast.com/index.php Upon arrival at this page I noticed that I was logged in as a "Guest" and I was given the message
>
> "Welcome to the AI Management Center.
> You are logged in as a Guest to our Demo account to allow you to review the AIMC.
> You do not have permissions to make changes.
>
> To gain access access a fully functioning AIMC environment,
> you need to upgrade your account."
> This is my Gold member email account
> f.lewis@firstearthalliance.org
>
> Pls help.."
aimc login failure
+1
Fixed
Percy A Lowe 4 years ago in SitePal Gold • updated by Gil 4 years ago 3
Also, the phone number given for my gold account no one is picking up the phone to talk. I need to have this situation resolved quickly. This is not the way to start off a business to business relationship.