Answered

How can i switch to English Pronunciation

758RNahaB4OY8z3e5Iw7 8 years ago in SitePal Gold updated by Gil Sideman 8 years ago 3

Hi,

I have a german speaking avatar, but there are of course many english proper names, that are not spoken correctly by my avatar. Take the example "facebook", it is spoken german by the avatar and that sounds not good and makes no sense. Can i switch for some words to english speaking?

Regards,

Helmut

Answer

Answer
Under review

Hi Helmut -

Yes - it is possible to switch voices in mid-speech, including from one language to another.

You can use SSML tags to do so - as per the following example.

Please try the following example & adapt it for your needs - select voice "Julie" in the sitepal editor - and paste this text in -

I can change my voice while I speak! <voice Name="Bridget">A posh accent if you please</voice>! or speak in a different language! <voice Name="Violeta"> 1 2 3 4 Cinco de mayo </voice>

The above example uses only voices from engine 3 (Julie, Bridget, Violeta). Note that you must use voices from the same "engine" and that only voices from engines 2 and 3 support this functionality. You can find the list of voices per engine in the API Reference document (see appendix)

Hope this helps,

Gil

Answer
Under review

Hi Helmut -

Yes - it is possible to switch voices in mid-speech, including from one language to another.

You can use SSML tags to do so - as per the following example.

Please try the following example & adapt it for your needs - select voice "Julie" in the sitepal editor - and paste this text in -

I can change my voice while I speak! <voice Name="Bridget">A posh accent if you please</voice>! or speak in a different language! <voice Name="Violeta"> 1 2 3 4 Cinco de mayo </voice>

The above example uses only voices from engine 3 (Julie, Bridget, Violeta). Note that you must use voices from the same "engine" and that only voices from engines 2 and 3 support this functionality. You can find the list of voices per engine in the API Reference document (see appendix)

Hope this helps,

Gil

Hi Gil,

thanks, i tried it just now and it works :-)

Regards,

Helmut