Fixed

Avatars full-body on mobile and Player Volume

François 8 years ago updated by Gil Sideman 8 years ago 10

Hello Gil,

The full-body avatar works perfectly on mobile (iOS Safari and Chrome with ANDROID).
I have the last problem:
The volume of a scene can be set in the scene on the site sitepal.com or fastened with setPlayerVolume (x);

On iOS, the volume always seems to be maximum whatever the scene settings or whatever setPlayerVolume (x);

On ANDROID, the volume is either maximum or nothing: the avatar moves without speaking (the equivalent of setPlayerVolume (0) in my opinion).

cordially

François SCHAAL which recommends Sitepal solution for mobile!

Bonjour Gil,
L'avatar full-body fonctionne parfaitement sur mobiles (iOS avec Safari et ANDROID avec CHROME).

J'ai un dernier souci :
Le volume sonore d'une scène peut être paramétré dans la scène sur le site de Sitepal ou fixée avec setPlayerVolume(x);

Sur iOS, le volume sonore semble toujours être au maximum quelque soit les réglages de scène ou l'utilisation de setPlayerVolume(x);

Sur ANDROID, le volume est soit au maximum soit il n'y a rien : l'avatar bouge mais sans son (l'équivalent de setPlayerVolume(0) à mon avis).

Cordialement
François SCHAAL qui recommande la solution Sitepal pour mobiles !

Answer

Answer

François -

The problem with the audio volume on Android has been fixed.

Please review and verify.

Best,

Gil

GOOD, I'M SATISFIED
Satisfaction mark by François 8 years ago
Under review

Bonjour François -

I'm delighted to hear it!

Regarding the volume - this functionality is not supported by the browsers on mobile.

Only the user can control the volume - the browser does not enable JS code to change it.

So the call 'setPlayerVolume' on iOS does nothing. It is a mobile browser limitation.

This is mentioned in our developer API.

Regarding your experience on Android - I expect it to be the same as iOS - but according to your report it is sometimes high volume and sometimes silence. We will look into it.

Regards

Gil

Hello Gil,

Thank you for your reply.
I set the volume of a full-body avatar on 1 in "Audio Volume (0-10)" in "Scene Options" (sitepal.com).
4 months ago, in version fv=9, the avatar on ANDROID spoke very low, according to the setting.

Now with version fv=0, the avatar on the same ANDROID smartphone and without changing the sound volume, speaks very, very, loudly (volume probably = 10).

It is important for me to offer on mobile avatars low volume levels, for example in museums.

With a volume of 1, no disturbance for the entourage.

On PC, no problem, it's perfect.

After these code adjustments, I promise you, Gil, total silence in your forum !
Thanks in advance.
François SCHAAL

Bonjour Gil,

Merci pour votre réponse.

J'ai réglé le volume sonore d'un avatar full-body sur 1 dans "Audio volume (0-10)" de "Scene Options"
Il y a quatre mois, dans la version fv=9, l'avatar sur ANDROID parlait très faiblement, conformément au paramétrage.

Aujourd'hui, avec la version fv=0, l'avatar, sur le même smartphone ANDROID et sans avoir modifié le volume du son, parle très fort.
Comme si le paramétrage de base de "Audio volume=1" n'existait pas.

Il est important pour moi de proposer sur mobiles des avatars avec des volumes sonores faibles pour une utilisation quasi silencieuse, dans les musées par exemple.

Avec un volume de 1, aucune gène pour l'entourage. C'était le cas il y a 4 mois.
Actuellement, c'est impossible, le son est trop fort (certainement =10).

Sur PC, il n'a y aucun souci, c'est parfait.

Après ces derniers ajustements de code, je vous promets, Gil, un silence total dans votre forum !

Merci par avance.
François SCHAAL

François -

I appreciate the detailed feedback.

We did not see this problem before - but the team is taking another look. Will advise.

Best,

Gil

Hello Gil,

When I launch a full-body avatar with version fv = 0 on ANDROID, the sound is much louder than the version fv = 9.

Tested this morning with a scene (audio volume=1). There is a difference of code in the treatment of volume between fv=0 and fv=9 versions. As against this morning I had again a scene without sound, as if the audio volume was on 0. The avatar gives explanations but without sound.

Another suggestion: If you don't detect the platforms, it would be possible to send to you optional parameter in the API, with a code that represent the platform: Android, BlackBerry, iPad, iPhone, Mobile (other than those mentioned) Standard, WindowsMobile, WindowsPhone.

It would also be possible to send a code for each browser, but it would be harder to detect.

cordially

François SCHAAL

Bonjour Gil,

Lorsque je lance un avatar full-body avec la version fv=0 sur ANDROID, le son est beaucoup plus fort qu'avec la version fv=9.
Testé ce matin avec une scene où le volume est de 1. Il existe une différence de code dans le traitement du volume sonore entre les versions 0 et 9.
Par contre ce matin, j'avais de nouveau une scène sans son, comme si le volume audio était de 0.
Autre suggestion : si vous n'arrivez pas à détecter les plateformes, il serait possible de vous passer en paramètre optionnel, un code qui représenterait la plateforme:
Android, BlackBerry, iPad, iPhone, Mobile (autres que ceux cités) Standard, WindowsMobile, WindowsPhone.
Il serait aussi possible de vous passer un code pour chaque navigateur, mais ce serait plus difficile à détecter.
Cordialement François SCHAAL

François,

We do detect the platform.

Don't forget this is a pre-release version - and some problems remain.

This issue will most likely be cleared up in the next few days.

Or should i simply use the version fv=9 and not fv=0?

Sure.

But I think the existing (old) version may exhibit other problems - specifically, the issue of activation by clicking a button on the mobile page. As you yourself pointed out, in the old version, you need to touch the character to enable speech. This is one of the problems the new version resolves.

Answer

François -

The problem with the audio volume on Android has been fixed.

Please review and verify.

Best,

Gil

Hello Gil,

The audio volume (version fv = 0) corresponds to the parameter of the full-body avatar scene.

Congratulations for your efforts and responsiveness.

As promised, I will be silent in the forum!

cordially

François SCHAAL

*********************************************************************************************************

Bonjour Gil,

Le niveau du volume sonore en version fv=0 correspond au paramétre dans la scène de l'avatar full-body.

Félicitations pour vos efforts et votre réactivité.

Comme promis, je serai silencieux dans le forum !

Cordialement
François SCHAAL