+1
Answered

SITEPAL MUST BE A SCAM, TRIAL NOT FREE, NO CALLBACK!!!!!!

C Durand 10 years ago in SitePal Platinum updated by Gil 10 years ago 3
DO NOT USE SITEPAL! THEY HAVE CHARGE MY ACCOUNT TWICE WHEN IT WS SUPPOSED TO BE A FREE TRIAL. I DID NOT USE PAYPAL, I USED MY CC. THEY REFUSE TO ANSWER EMAILS OR RETURN MY PHONE CALLS TO GET THIS RESOLVED. ON TOP OF THEM STEALING MY MONEY, I DIDN'T EVEN GET A CONFIRMATION FOR A FREE TRIAL!! TOTAL SCAM - BEWARE!!!!!!!
customer service scam trial thiefs
It is not an authorization as you suggested. You have withdrawn a subscription fee multiple times. As of this morning I still have no direct emails from anyone at Sitepal. What great customer services. I will now go and start reviewing your website on other 3rd party review forums. PEOPLE NEED TO BE AWARE THAT It is not a free trial, you will charge there card, in my case more than once. Sitepal does not care enough to even call the customer back. AGAIN, YOU HAVEN'T EVEN GIVING ME ACCESS. FRAUD!
Dear C -
We are looking at what happened & whatever did happen we will set this right.
Hold your horses, a solution is on the way.

SitePal does offer a 15 day FREE trial - and a 30 day Money Back Guarantee on top of it. Anyone who has ever asked for their money back within the first 45 days of signup has gotten a full refund. I guarantee it.

So kindly - please allow us a bit of time to sort through what happened - and we will respond both here and via direct email.
Best regards,
Gil
SitePal Team
C -
Here's what we found out. On Sunday evening you apparently attempted to signup for a free trial. The cc company refused the transaction, and you tried a gain, a total of four times.
Two of the transactions were rejected for unknown reasons ( the cc company does not always clearly divulge their reasons ) and the following two transactions were rejected due to "incorrect zip code".

To be clear - these were "authorization" transactions - where by we establish the validity of the cc information so that we may charge it in 15 days (if appropriate).
It is our way of enabling the later charge without saving the user's cc details (which we do not).

The cc company placed an authorization hold for $19.95 for two of these transactions. It is not clear to us why they did so - because (again) the transactions failed.

Because the transactions failed - no SitePal account was created for you. Which is why you did not receive a "welcome" email - nor were you able to login to your account - as no account existed.

Action Taken:
* we have cancelled the authorization transactions. Please allow several days for these to clear up from your cc statement.
* Support will follow up with access details to a Free Trial account - there is no charge - should you choose to use it we would be happy to support you.
* We received your voice message and someone will call you back shortly.
* We were unable to locate any email sent to support - I'm interested to know which address you wrote to so we can investigate further.

I'm sorry about the inconvenience - I can't say why the cc company rejected the transactions, but it was not our doing....

Best regards,
Gil