+2
Answered

Issues with Avatar playing correct audio when viewed on an iPad

ellenvines 11 years ago updated by Gil Sideman 4 years ago 15
I am having an issue with the avatars when it is viewed on an iPad. I embed the code on my web page and when I view it on the desktop it plays the correct avatar and audio but when I look at it on an iPad it plays a totally different avatar and audio. Any ideas?

Here is a sample of my page below if you want to compare it on a computer vs. iPad. The avatar is at the bottom of the page.

http://salescasestudy.com/Professor/?...
Ellen -

The video used for playback on iPad can take a few minutes to be generated.
So if you made a change to your Scene (i.e. updated audio) - you might still be hearing the old audio on the ipad.
Normally the lag time is about 2 minutes, but it can be longer at times.

I see the difference - I'm sure it will resolve itself shortly -
but I'm looking into why it is taking longer than it should.

Gil
SitePal Team
Ellen -

We've identified the problem. The Video generation process is at the moment backlogged and takes much longer than it should (hours)

We are working on a solution. Will advise.
Thanx
Hi Gil, any word on a solution?
Ellen -
We fixed the backlog problem last week. Videos are now generated within a couple of minutes even at times of load.

We've noticed however that the problem you reported has a different cause. Yours is a Studio account, and the issue you encountered is unique to Studio accounts. We are now in the process of verifying the solution & I expect to have it deployed later today.

Thanks for your patience - will advise asap.
Gil
Ellen -
The update for Studio Scenes has been deployed - and the problem has been fixed.
Let me know if you still see a problem.
Regards
Gil
Hi Gil, thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately, it looks like we are getting an error message now in place of the avatar when you view it on the ipad. See attachment.

looking into it - will advise asap.
Gil
Ellen -
Can you please post a link to the page ?
Thanx
Ellen -
if you can't provide a link to the page - what we actually need is the "requested URL" link that was not found
if you could post that - we will look into it asap.

Thanks for your patience in working the problem with us.
Gil

Hi Gil,

Here is the link - I added a couple of the avatars that weren't working.

http://salescasestudy.com/Professor/?...
Thanks Ellen
This should now be fixed.
Please review and let me know.
Regards
Gil
Thank you so much Gil!! It appears to be working fine now. :)
Glad to be able to assist. The problem in the last round was that although the developers applied the solution for Studio accounts, they did not retroactively apply it to all existing shows. That was an oversight, now corrected.

Sorry this took so long to clear up - & thanks for your patience.
Gil

facing an similar issue of more time to load an audio on iPad,sometimes gets lags

Mohit - this is an ancient thread and not likely relevant. Our character technology was rewritten twice over since then. 

Problems like this are likely the result of limited bandwidth available to the device. 

I would suggest for starters to run "fast.com" on desktop, then do the same on the ipad device - and see what your available bandwidth is on each device.

Then please run this diagnostic - 

http://www.workboy.com/diagnostics/sayText_VHSS.html

Click on 'start test' - and let me know what average latency you are seeing on each device

Regards

Gil