+1
Answered

Wizard voice over...

john 13 years ago updated 13 years ago 15
On your website you show characters and voice overs on them, but when you go the site, when you have logged in and after you have found out that everything costs more money.... it is not possible to see where these voice overs are kept!
In particular the wizard one!
Thanks for your speedy response!
John
Just to add a note to this i then signed up to be a gold member as i found i could not use TTS but then only to find that there was no select option for the wizard voice!
Thanks
John
Hi Can somebody please respond to me about using the wizards voice...!
i want to be able to type in what i want in the TTS box and to be able to select the wizards voice....
Thanks
John
Hi John -

I'm sorry you are having difficulty.
I don't immediately understand which is the wizard voice that you are looking for.
I'm sure you saw it in one of our public examples - if you could post a link to it I will advise further.

Regards,
Gil
The SitePal Team
Hi Gil
It’s on your website...
If you go to your https://www.sitepal.com/store/special... page and click down to the wizard character and then listen to his voice...
That's what I mean!
Thanks
John
John -

Got it.
The voice you are referring to is not a TTS synthetic voice. This is actually a human voice recorded by one of our voice talent professionals. This and other similar voice recordings are used in the store to demonstrate the speech capabilities of the animated characters.

Please note that in addition to the over 120 TTS voices that we support,
you can record your own voice (or upload any human recorded voice) to have your character speak it.
All you need is a microphone - and if you don't have one, you can use your phone to call it in.

All of our Text-To-Speech voices can be sampled here -
http://www.sitepal.com/ttswidgetdemo/

I'm sorry if this caused confusion. We are ready to provide a refund if you like. Or let me know how we can help.
Regards
Gil
Hi Gil
to be honest if i am going to make my own voice over i do not need to upgrade to the gold account... yet!
so yes a refund until we see how it all fits would be good
Thanks
John
No problem
Kindly send a note to support@sitepal.com, and please bear with us, the refund will take several days to happen.
I assume you are looking to undo & refund the upgrade to Gold (from Bronze? Silver?) please specify.
Regards
Gil
Hi Gil...
sorry i got it wrong we upgraded to bronze...
for 10 dollars...
Can that be refunded - thanks!
If i can get the voice over working well then it will be good...
Can you tell me how much it will be for a 1 min voice over in the wizard voice that is on your site!
I will respond tomo now as its late over here in the uk
Thanks
John
Sure - please send a note to support to get the refund.

Regarding the voice -
we do not supply voice services directly - we contract other providers.
We have a large collection of professional voices in our store - you are welcome to peruse. Those are priced at $40 to $60 per minute of audio.

If your budget is tight your best bet is to get a friend or family member with a suitable talent to record. They don't have to login to sitepal mind you - they would just need to send you the mp3 files they recorded & you would upload.

I hope you find another reason to upgrade in future :-)
Regards
Gil
Hi Gil
i have looked through the voice over people and i cannot hear a wizard voice anywhere...
Can you tell me where it is and how i can get it..?
as i want to use this voice
thanks
John
They had one of their talents custom record it for us. I don't know which one.

You are welcome to check with them directly and get your audio recording directly from them. Note that they may charge a higher fee than the SitePal store fee.
See: http://www.holdcom.com/main/

Regards
Gil
Hi Gil
Just for info Akhil has refunded my money...
Excellent service from you guys
thank you
John
I am also onto Holdcom and they as well proving very efficient...
hi Gil...
Can you tell me how many voice overs we can use with the wizard we have bought?
basically if i had 5 voice overs can we use it 5 times?
Does that make sense?
John
John -
You can use as many audios as you like with your Wizard character.

There are many ways to do this -

You can use the same character in multiple Scenes, with a different audio assigned in each Scene - and publish each Scene to to a different page.

Or you can publish one Scene to one page and assign a different audio to the Scene every week or every day (or every 5 minutes)

Or you can also assign multiple audios to your Scene, one to be selected randomly for playback (increases variability and can improve user experience)

Or you can use the client API to dynamically select an audio for playback (from any of the audios in your account).

Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum accounts may use and publish unlimited Scenes (Basic account is limited to 2 Scenes)

Hope this helps - let me know if unclear.
Gil
Hi Gil
Its quite funny really.... lol
I will need to upgrade again then...
I will do that Friday!
Thanks for the info!!
John