+1
Fixed

Avatars full-body on mobile with GSM (no WIFI)

François 8 years ago updated by Gil Sideman 8 years ago 10

Hello Gil,

I have one problem, very important.

I use a full-body avatar on Android / Chrome that says only a word by a link that runs "Saytext" (version fv=0)

When this material is WIFI, the avatar says that word. OK perfect

When I disconnect the WiFi to switch to GSM, big problem: the avatar is displayed, but after 10 minutes he still seeks and has not delivered the required word (see photo).

The connection is 16.45 Mbps descendant with 4G so no flow problem (source:speedtest).

When I share my connection with a iPod (not a GSM model), the Avatar works perfectly on the iPod (safari) with a WIFI connexion to my smartphone on Android !

I think there is still a small bug when the avatar is not connected to WiFi but in GSM!

This prevents the operation of the avatar for mobile equipment whose primary quality is to be mobile !

Hoping for a quick response, with my cordial greetings.

françois SCHAAL
To test this bug, use an Android smartphone with a GSM connexion (no WIFI). No problem with WIFI on the same material...

*************************************************************************************************

Bonjour Gil,

J'ai un dernier problème, très important.

J'utilise un avatar full-body sur iOS/Chrome qui dit un mot par un lien qui exécute "Saytext" (version fv=0)

Lorsque ce matériel est en WIFI, l'avatar dit ce mot.

Quand je déconnecte le WIFI pour passer en GSM, gros problème: l'avatar s'affiche mais après 10 minutes, il cherche toujours et n'a pas prononcé le mot demandé (voir photo).
La connexion est en 4G avec 16,45 Mbits descendant donc pas de problème de débit (speedtest).

Lorsque je partage ma connexion sur ce smartphone avec un iPod non communiquant relié en WIFI à ce smartphone, l'avatar fonctionne parfaitement sur l'iPod.

Je pense donc qu'il existe encore un petit bug quand l'avatar n'est pas connecté en WIFI mais en GSM !

Cela empêche le fonctionnement de l'avatar pour un matériel mobile dont la principale qualité est d'être mobile.

En espérant une réponse rapide, je vous exprime mes cordiales salutations.

françois SCHAAL

Answer

Answer

Hello Gil,

The full-body avatar for example on Android with Chrome works now both in WIFI and GSM (4G tested).

Ouf!

Thank to the Sitepal Team

cordially
F.SCHAAL
GOOD, I'M SATISFIED
Satisfaction mark by François 8 years ago
Under review

Hi François -

Can you confirm that you updated the fv parameter to a value of 0?

The reason I ask, is that in the new version the 'loading animation' is a bit different from the one in your screenshot.

I may be mistaken - can you please take a look and verify?

Also - please try to clear the browser cache on your android device and try again - let me know

We will look into it on our end & try to recreate.

Best,

GIl

Hello Gil,

I confirm that the version is fv=0. The cache has been emptied in Chrome on Android.
Tested there two minutes.

I send to you a Email with the URL and the corresponding QR-Code of a test-page.

In WIFI mode, it works perfectly on Android. You may click on the link "SUITE1" for example (1 word).

On GSM mode, it does not work. No text will be read after 10 minutes...

cordially
François SCHAAL

Bonjour Gil,

Je confirme qu'il s'agit de la version fv=0 et que le cache a bien été vidé.
Testé il y a deux minutes.

Je vous adresse par Email l'URL d'une page de tests avec le QR-Code correspondant.

Il faudra scanner le QR-Code en mode WIFI (cela marche parfaitement bien) et cliquer sur le lien "SUITE1" par exemple (1 seul mot lu).

Et mettre le smartphone sur un mode GSM (cela ne marche pas - il n'y a aucun texte de lu même en attendant longtemps).

Cordialement
François SCHAAL

Hello Gil,

Does your code performs a particular treatment if a wireless connection is detected in the Webpage?

cordially François

PS : The picture of my post was taken yesterday

**********************************************************************************

Bonjour Gil,

Est-ce que votre code exécute un traitement particulier si une connexion en WIFI est détectée dans la page Web?

Cordialement François

PS : La photo de mon post a été prise hier

Hello Gil,

I also test http://www.workboy.com/qa/FB_Live/DynamicCallTTS1.html on Android with Chrome:

By clicking on "Click here to say something!", the full-body avatar speacks perfectly in WIFI.

When I switch in GSM (4G), nothing ...

Sincerely François SCHAAL

*****************************************************************************************************************

Bonjour Gil,

sur Android/Chrome :

En cliquant sur "Click here to say something!", l'avatar fonctionne parfaitement en connexion WIFI.

Quand je passe en 4G, plus rien...

Cordialement François SCHAAL

Got it.

We were able to recreate the problem.

The team is on it - we'll require at least a few days to investigate and resolve.

Thanks for calling our attention to this issue.

Hello Gil,

Have you conducted investigations?

I have a demonstration Wednesday on Web pages on a Android smartphone for a major contract ...

In my view, simply looking in your code if you detect wireless.
cordially F.SCHAAL

Bonjour Gil,

Avez-vous procédé à des investigations ?
J'ai une démonstration de pages Web Mercredi sur smartphone Android et smartphone iOS pour un important contrat...
A mon avis, il faut cherche simplement dans votre code si vous détectez le WI-FI.

Cordialement

F.SCHAAL

We're looking at this issue.

This is a priority - but I don't have more information just yet.

Will let you know when resolved.

François - this problem has been fixed. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Please review and let me know if you still notice any issue.

Best,

Gil

Answer

Hello Gil,

The full-body avatar for example on Android with Chrome works now both in WIFI and GSM (4G tested).

Ouf!

Thank to the Sitepal Team

cordially
F.SCHAAL