+1
Answered

Suppress the "Download this Clip" hover affect

Joy 11 years ago updated by Gil 11 years ago 6
Hello--Does anyone know if there's a way to suppress the "Download this Clip" hover affect that appears when you move your mouse over the avatar?
Hi Joy -
I don't see this effect -
Can you post a link to your web page?
which browser are you using?
Regards,
Gil
Hi Gil,
Thanks for your reply. I'm seeing this happen in FireFox and the URL for my page is: http://www.aurora-education.com/
Appreciate you looking into this!
Joy
Joy -
Our QA engineer spent some time trying to recreate this "effect" on different browsers & platforms and could not.
Perhaps we do not understand what to look for...
Can you post a screenshot showing us what you see?
Regards,
Gil
Sure, I can provide an image. In the screenshot below, the "Download this Clip" option rises out of the Avatar. When I hover over the "Download this Clip" option, that's when the additional options appear. If it helps, I'm using FireFox 21.0 and I have Adobe Flash Player 11.7.700.202 installed for Plugin and ActiveX. Thanks again for researching this!
Joy

Ah... So sorry Gil. I've figured this one out. I just assumed that since I wasn't creating that popup, that SitePal must have been, especially since the popup seemed to rise from the Avatar. When you mentioned that you couldn't reproduce it though, it got me to thinking about what else it could be. I started disabling AddIns. No effect. Then I had a look at my extensions. Turns out I had an extension called RealDownloader 1.3.0. That turned out to be the culprit. I really apologize for wasting your time, but I appreciate your help in getting to the bottom of this!
Joy
No Problem.
I'm glad this is now clarified.
Regards