+1
Fixed

Icon not displaying on my web sites

Larry Porter 10 years ago updated by Gil Sideman 7 years ago 13
Our Siterpal icon is not displaying on my three websites. As a result the documnnts that wouls normally be read are not being read.

I can't wait for the two day asupport turnaround.

Answer

Larry -
Can you post a link to your page where the problem can be viewed?
Thanks
Gil
the upper right should be our Site Pal avatar
Clear.
Can you provide a link to the page?
Thanx
It is an internal web page.
Can you send me your email address? I can send a URL to your email to see if you can get to it. I cannot post it here.
I just checked again and the icon is back and talking.

Thank you for your help.
Larry -
Send it to support@sitepal.com - and ask for it to be forwarded to me

But before you do - please clear your browser cache and try again to load the page. We have just made an update that may have resolved the issue.

LMK
Gil
+1
Looks like our update was successful!
Glad to hear it.

Here's more info about what happened -
The problem was due to a bad configuration setting which was momentarily loaded to our live/production system yesterday - and immediately retracted. Although the change was pulled back, the problem setting became cached within the Akamai global network. And although we immediately purged Akamai, we apparently missed something...

Now cleared up.

Sincere apologies to all who were affected.
Gil
Our Site Pal avatar is not displaying again. Is the Site Pal site up and running?
Our system just sits and tries to connect to your site tom pull up the avatar and is effecting our system.
Larry -
Our systems are up & running. We have not experienced downtime today (& not for quite a long time).
We have automated tracking sensors that trip whenever any subsystem fails - so we would know.
Also - our customer support would be overwhelmed.

Must have been a local disruption of internet service or network connectivity.
Are you still experiencing a problem?
LMK
Gil

our avatar is also not showing in our website, http://www.bitcoinservicescorp.com/ please help

Hi Merl - 

I see the character loading - do you still see a problem or was the issue momentary?

Let me know - and if you still see a problem I'll have our team look into it asap.

Best,

Gil

ps. 

Allow me to offer a suggestion - I think your SitePal character would perform better if using a professionally recorded voice. We offer 'Voice Talent' services in the SitePal store - so you can place your order online through us, or engage any voice talent provider online to create an mp3 recording for you.