Under review

The full-body avatar does not work on mobile !

François 8 years ago updated by Gil Sideman 7 years ago 9

Hello,

Big disappointment: the text-to-speech (avatar full-body) that was working on Android does not work at all or version fv = 0 or version f v = 9 while it worked well in the last few weeks (fv=9). The avatar is animated but there is no sound.

under IOS, it never worked.

With a PC, under Chrome and Opera, the avatar will read the last saytext () and ignores previous saytext () .

I spent a significant amount of time in tests but today I ask myself to look for another supplier.

If Sitepal could at least re-run the Android avatar as before!

It's a disaster !

François SCHAAL

Very disappointed with Sitepal

Bonjour,

Grosse déception : le text-to-speech qui fonctionnait sous Android ne fonctionne plus du tout ni en version fv=0 ni en version fv=9 alors que cela fonctionnait bien il y a quelques semaines. L'avatar s'anime mais il n'y aucun son.

Sous iOS, cela n'a jamais fonctionné.

Sur PC, sous Chrome et Opera, l'avatar va lire le dernier saytext() et ignore les saytext() précédents.

J'ai passé un nombre d'important d'heures en tests mais aujourd'hui je me pose la question de rechercher un autre fournisseur.

Si Sitepal pouvait au-moins refaire fonctionner l'avatar sous Android comme avant !

C'est une catastrophe !

SCHAAL François

Très déçu par Sitepal

Under review

Francois - thanks again for your input.

We are aware that there are problems with getting the characters to dynamically respond to the API. That is why we are developing the new generation of characters - which are not yet quite ready.

Your testing and evaluation of the fv=0 (next gen) characters was premature, but we will be ready in a few days.

I will let you know and perhaps you could take another look then.

Best,

Gil

//

playresumeplayreplay

//<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="http://vhss-...
// <!-- multi-lingual speak on load commands -->
// <a href="javascript:sayText('I can say anything you like, in over 25 languages',3,1,3);">Speak</a>
// <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
// function vh_sceneLoaded(){
// //the scene begins playing, add actions here
// sayText('...Welcome to our text to speech A P I example...',3,1,3);
// sayText('...Hallo...',1,3,2);
// sayText('...Bonjour...',1,4,2);
// sayText('こんにちは',1,12,3);
// sayText('你好',1,10,3);
// }
// </script>

***************************************************************************************************

Hello Gil,

I use the above code into an HTML field in an HTML5 page.
* Pc;

Play at the launch then read when clicking on the link: It works perfectly with OPERA, CHROME, FIREFOX, Microsoft EDGE

SAFARI on PC does not work or when launching or on the link click (confusion with the iOS/safari version in your code?)

IE11 on PC: only the first saytext () are read and not the last two saytext () in Unicode, operating on the click link. The sound is strangely increased to its maximum.

* On IOS with SAFARI: nothing at startup (normal because not autoplay) but works on the click link! YES !
* On ANDROID with Firefox: nothing works
on ANDROID with CHROME: nothing at startup (normal because not autoplay) but works on the click link! YES !
Congratulations because it works with the default browsers on iOS and ANDROID.
I will do further tests on actual use and I will give you my opinion.
thank you again for your work.
cordially François

*******************************************************************************************************

Hello Gil,

J'utilise le code précédent dans un champ HTML dans une page en HTML5.

* sur pc ;

Lecture lors du lancement puis lecture lors du clic sur le lien:

Cela fonctionne parfaitement avec OPERA, CHROME, FIREFOX, M.EDGE

SAFARI sur PC : ne fonctionne pas ni lors du lancement ni sur le clic du lien (confusion avec la version pour iOS dans votre code?)

IE11 sur PC : seuls les premiers saytext() sont lus et pas les deux derniers en Unicode, fonctionnement sur le clic du lien. Le son est bizarrement porté à son maximum.

* sur IOS avec SAFARI : rien au démarrage (normal car non autoplay) mais fonctionne sur le clic du lien ! YES

* sur ANDROID avec Firefox : rien ne fonctionne

sur ANDROID avec CHROME : rien au démarrage (normal car non autoplay) mais fonctionne sur le clic du lien ! YES

Bref Bravo car cela fonctionne avec les navigateurs par défaut de iOS et d'ANDROID.

Je vais faire d'autres essais sur une utilisation réelle puis je vous donnerai mon avis.

Merci encore pour votre travail.

Cordialement

François

François,

I'm very glad this now works for you - and confirms our own testing. I noticed the list of problems you included in our report - and those have been added to our developers' list.

Thank you for the detailed report.

Gil

Hello Gil,

One last question: how to integrate several Saytext () in the HTML link "CLICK ME"?

Example that does not work:

<a href="javascript:sayText('I can say anything you like, in over 25 languages',3,1,3);sayText('...Bonjour...',1,4,2);">CLICK ME</a>

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
function vh_sceneLoaded(){
//the scene begins playing, add actions here
sayText('hello ',3,1,3);
}

</script>

Bonjour Gil,

Une dernière question : comment intégrer plusieurs Saytext() dans le code HTML du lien "CLICK ME" ?

Cordialement

François SCHAAL

Bonjour François,

I think that in the example you posted instead of attempting multiple statements in the HTML link, defined a js function and use a single call to that function. Within the function you can make multiple calls.

Regards,

Gil

Hello Gil,

<A href = "javascript: sayText ( 'I can say anything you like, in over 25 languages' + '... Hello ...' + 'Welcome to our text to speech API example', 3,1,3 ); "> Speak </a>

works but it may exceed the capacity of number of characters in Saytext ().

How to integrate several Saytext () in this link <A href ..... </a> ?

thank you

François

*****************************************************************************************

Hello Gil ,

<a href="javascript:sayText('I can say anything you like, in over 25 languages' + ' ...Bonjour...' + 'Welcome to our text to speech A P I example',3,1,3);">Speak</a>

fonctionne mais cela risque de dépasser la capacité du nombre de caractères du Saytext()

Comment intégrer plusieurs Saytext() dans ce lien ?

merci

François

On mobile devices it seems the javascript is forwarding to just the scene, and not displaying the website content.

Hi J -

Can you post a link to your web page where the problem can be seen?

If you prefer not to post in this public forum, please send a note to support@sitepal.com.

Thanx!

Gil

Hello, I don't have that problem on mobile devices. The browser code on the page also works.