Completed

Where is the tutorial for android???

ravennav777 5 years ago updated by Gil Sideman 4 years ago 4

Answer

Answer
Under review

Hello,

Generally, preparing to use SitePal avatars on mobile devices is no different than using them in a web browser in general. Our characters are platform independent and work on all platforms and browsers, and that includes supporting the same API on all platforms, so there is nothing different you need to do.

And there is certainly nothing specifically different about Android.

What are you trying to do on Android? 

Best

Gil

Answer
Under review

Hello,

Generally, preparing to use SitePal avatars on mobile devices is no different than using them in a web browser in general. Our characters are platform independent and work on all platforms and browsers, and that includes supporting the same API on all platforms, so there is nothing different you need to do.

And there is certainly nothing specifically different about Android.

What are you trying to do on Android? 

Best

Gil

Hi I want to implement talking avatar in my native android application (java). I have text and i want avatar to read that text. Is it possible using Sitepal Api's. If yes do you have any sample code. kindly help.

Hello Prathamesh,

Yes - this is possible - you can use our speaking avatars in your native app by loading them from your SitePal account

You would load the avatars into a webview within your app - this technique works on both iOS and Android. Just like you would load or display any web page within the app. 

I don't have sample android code for you - but there's tons of material about setting up a webview in Android (and in iOS).

You may want to start here -

https://developer.android.com/guide/webapps/webview

Regarding making the character speak in your app, yes that's possible of course, using our Javascript API in your page, you can instruct the character to speak.

Other SitePal customers have implemented this solution.

Learn more about the SitePal Client API in our support page - and check out the many available technical examples as well.

See www.sitepal.com/support

All API functions work on Android and iOS.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Gil

The SitePal Team