Completed

I have signed up for Gold Package. For the majority of the first two weeks, I have had different issues, and have called customer service, with little response or support., then told they would resolve this weekend. Going on week 3, none of scenes work

kroling 5 years ago updated by Gil Sideman 5 years ago 13

Customer service is TERRIBLE.

10 days ago could not get audio.

Over weekend scenes I already had on our website are not working.

On sitepal.com website none of the scenes load.

I was assured that they would response quickly over the weekend everything would be resolved.

If you are considering this website, be prepared for non-existent customer service, worse yet they ignore you. I have 28,600 LinkedIn connections and by this afternoon, I intend to notify my entire linkedin community.

Answer

Answer

Kirsten - 

We've ran another round of fixes last night, and I had support locate your ticket and provide me with access to your account. I looked into it - and I am able to to open your scenes for editing.  I do not see any problem at this time - but I only looked briefly.

Please clear your browser cache and try again - and let me know if you still see a problem.

And yes - I realize you reported that some of your Scenes may be missing - let me know if that's still the case.

btw - your account was purchased on Tue July 20th - exactly 2 week ago - so it has not been 3 weeks - and problem only started about 1 week ago as you reported, though I realize that a few days of dealing with a problem is very annoying.

Also - my support team were doing their best to help. I've reviewed their correspondence.

So here's what happened:  we experienced a database corruption, which affected new client accounts that signed up in the last 2 weeks. Problem was diagnosed fully last week - but we could not cure it right away, because it required a maintenance window, which we were only willing to do over the weekend. We ran repairs this past weekend - system is now in clean working order - though a few Scenes from several new clients may be missing. 

I can only apologize again for the inconvenience, and I did also offer 3 months of free service, which we've already applied - your free trial has been extended till November.

If any scenes have been permanently lost, you would need to recreate them and re-embed in your web pages, which should only take a few moments.

But if you prefer to terminate your service - that's fine - you are still in free trial, so go ahead and deactivate service from your "Account Info" page, and you will not be charged come November. 

Regards,

Gil

Under review

Hello - 

I apologize wholeheartedly for the inconvenience & lack of proper communication.

We had scheduled a maintenance window over the weekend designed to address the problems you described. That's the reason you saw service down during several hours during the weekend.

All fixed now - you should be able to use your account without incident.

I'll check with customer support to see what happened - and why you were not given clear information. Perhaps we'll learn from it.

If you are willing to bear with us - and give us another chance, I'd like to offer you a 3 month free subscription period. Post your email here or write to support - and reference this conversation - and we'll take care of it for you.

Regards,

Gil

Hello, nothing is fixed. When we go to sitepal.com and attempt to open a scene it does not open, but grey bar spins on screen. Therefore, None of the scenes are working on our site. Do you have quality control at SitePal.com because this has been a problem since a week ago. If you fix something, wouldn't someone evaluate to make sure that is the case?

Our site has not been fully functional for nearly 2 weeks, and this is a huge disappointment.

Can you provide your account ID or email (username) for me to review?  

A small number of user accounts were affected by a db outage.  The problem has been fixed and db tables repaired.

We do not see these problems in our testing.

Let me know and we'll look into it right away & advise.

Thanx 

This is laughable, I have brought these issues to you for 3 weeks. You have one hour to repair or this becomes. LinkedIn special post to my Community of 28,600 connections.

Answer

Kirsten - 

We've ran another round of fixes last night, and I had support locate your ticket and provide me with access to your account. I looked into it - and I am able to to open your scenes for editing.  I do not see any problem at this time - but I only looked briefly.

Please clear your browser cache and try again - and let me know if you still see a problem.

And yes - I realize you reported that some of your Scenes may be missing - let me know if that's still the case.

btw - your account was purchased on Tue July 20th - exactly 2 week ago - so it has not been 3 weeks - and problem only started about 1 week ago as you reported, though I realize that a few days of dealing with a problem is very annoying.

Also - my support team were doing their best to help. I've reviewed their correspondence.

So here's what happened:  we experienced a database corruption, which affected new client accounts that signed up in the last 2 weeks. Problem was diagnosed fully last week - but we could not cure it right away, because it required a maintenance window, which we were only willing to do over the weekend. We ran repairs this past weekend - system is now in clean working order - though a few Scenes from several new clients may be missing. 

I can only apologize again for the inconvenience, and I did also offer 3 months of free service, which we've already applied - your free trial has been extended till November.

If any scenes have been permanently lost, you would need to recreate them and re-embed in your web pages, which should only take a few moments.

But if you prefer to terminate your service - that's fine - you are still in free trial, so go ahead and deactivate service from your "Account Info" page, and you will not be charged come November. 

Regards,

Gil

I have not been able to use this service for over 2 weeks and this is the same BS story you told me a week ago. My next step is to post all of this nonsense across social media including my LinkedIn connections 28,600. I need this fixed now.

5 hours ago, Sitepal.com rep said they had this fixed, and then said they would have someone get right back to me in an hour. No Response. Here is what my SitePal scene looks like (see above), site scenes will not load.

I would like to say after staying on these folks we actually had service for 4 days. This evening, all of the avatar/scenes on our site have disappeared. I am getting this message when I try to login: Database error: Link-ID == false, odbtp_connect failed
MSSQL Error: 0 ()
includes/oddlib/db_mysql.inc: Session halted

Gil has been responsive, but there is a complete disconnect in communication with support staff.  They are courteous but they are less than responsive. So 4th week into this service, and here we are again with service not working and nobody to talk to. We are getting set to launch our big social media campaign this weekend on our new website, and this feature will be missing. It was working fine earlier. 

We've effected another maintenance window this weekend - for 2.5 hours on Friday night EST.

If you are still seeing a problem at this time  - please let me know.

Regarding the charge for the gold account, what you may be referring to is an authorization that we perform when you sign up. It is a process designed to allow us to bill you later (after 15 days) without storing your cc information - which we do not do.

Some cc providers display the authorization on the statement - as they place a hold on the funds, which is unfortunate.

Regardless - I've asked accounting to void your authorization, this should happen today or tomorrow.

Ragards,

Gil

Went to sign into my account, saw an alert, a message stating I need to "confirm my email address". I sent the confirmation, checked the message. I am now being sent to an account I never opened, stating it is 4 days old? I also show there are 2 accounts. In addition Gil - to my knowledge I paid for this service (Gold) and did not proceed with a Free Trial, because of the features I needed. So here I am, no access to my account, my site is completely affected now- no avatars display, and we are getting ready to launch our social media campaign.

Although there have been responses, they for the most part explain fixes that did not take place, and lack of communication. We do not have an option here Gil, we chose your company for particular areas of our website, and these scenes are embedded. Is there anybody home here?