+1
Answered

How to practically create a 3 minute sitepal video

Cris Van Cleemput 12 years ago in SitePal Silver updated by Gil Sideman 8 years ago 3
Hi, how can i practically create a 3 minute sitepal video? Can anyone help me, because I am not a techy. I know the software only allows for 1 minute videos. I have seen the post on the lady singing the song, but that does not help me practically.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do step by step to get this accomplished?

Thanks for all your help!

Cris
longer sitepal video

Answer

Answer

Hi Shaun -

SitePal characters can deliver most features/capabilities without any programming. And to allow extended capabilities we have made available the API. The functionality that you are looking for falls under that category - it is only supported by using the API (hence via programming).

Many of our customers know how to handle basic programming in HTML & Javascript - and that should be enough in this case.

For those that do not feel comfortable dabbling in code - they often times get a consultant to do so.

I hope that explains the context of my response and why it had to be technical. I am sorry if you found it confusing.

Best regards,

Gil

Hello Cris -
SitePal characters can speak audios up to 90 sec long.

However - you can control the SitePal character via API, using simple Javascript calls, and "queue up" several audios for speech.
By doing so, you can effectively have the SitePal character speak for however long you wish.

Here you can see a simple technical example that concatenates several audios for playback -
http://www.oddcast.com/support/sayMul...

Hope this helps,
Gil
SitePal Team

'"via API, using simple Javascript calls, and "queue up" several audios for speech."

-How obtuse. You sound like my data systems officer. Every time I ask him why something doesn't work or how a system works, he uses a bunch of technical jargon that non-data professionals do not understand. Your answer here is the same thing. If your customers knew how to program in Java, do you think they would be asking you this question? Unbelievable.

Answer

Hi Shaun -

SitePal characters can deliver most features/capabilities without any programming. And to allow extended capabilities we have made available the API. The functionality that you are looking for falls under that category - it is only supported by using the API (hence via programming).

Many of our customers know how to handle basic programming in HTML & Javascript - and that should be enough in this case.

For those that do not feel comfortable dabbling in code - they often times get a consultant to do so.

I hope that explains the context of my response and why it had to be technical. I am sorry if you found it confusing.

Best regards,

Gil