+1
Fixed

Scene is playing audio not present

gianfranco de villa 12 years ago in SitePal Platinum updated by Gil 12 years ago 5
Hi Gil,
finally, after six months, we are ready with our mobile app.

So, with procedure in our server, using api mngCreateTTSAudio, we change audio for scene and, with api mngEmbedScene we retrieve code to insert in html/js.

All work fine...apparently, but the scene is playing an audio that is not existing: was deleted because consumed from user.

At moment I have 10 audio : 6 fixed and invariable, and 4 created with mngCreateTTSAudio. The scenes are correcty connected with those audio (one to one), but playing scenes they play audio not present in audio list.

Can you help me ?

Thanks.
Gianfranco

Answer

Gianfranco -

What's happening here - as you make changes to the Scene, the previous version of your Scene is still cached on the Akamai network. It is this cached version that you see.

The cached version should be automatically purged within about 10min to about 2 hours. We realize this is not fast enough in some cases - and we have a plan to reduce the lag time to zero. This update should be implemented within the next two weeks.

Hope this helps
Gil
SitePal Team
Hi Gil,

Also if I copy a scene using mngAddScene, if I repete the creation, I retrieve the old audio.
So I hope you can resolve and...ok...I am waiting for this update.

Thank you.
Gianfranco.
Hi, Gil

Sorry for erroneus information.
Copying a scene using mngAddScene is working correctly.

Was our mistake.
Thank you.

Gianfranco.
Glad to hear it.
Regards
Gil
Gianfranco -

As noted above - we have been working on an improvement that would ensure that when a scene is updated (via API or any means) - the Scene's video representation on iOS will be updated quickly.

We deployed an update today that dramatically improves the situation.
The video is now updated within up to two minutes (worst case) - but in about 1 minute in most cases.

We cannot avoid some lag time - because the system requires time to generate the video.

Hope this helps.
Regards
Gil