Answered

Reoccurring charges on card but no signs of a paid account anywhere.

seahawksteven777 7 years ago updated by Gil Sideman 7 years ago 7

I have contacted support and they insist I have only a free account and an inactive account. I have since took this to my bank and am getting a new card. Do reoccurring payments eventually stop or does it keep renewing? I hope getting a new card will make the charges stop but that's why I'm asking. I'm tired of having money stolen from me

Answer

Answer
Under review

Hi Steven -

Very sorry about the inconvenience.

If we were able to locate the account we could disable billing for that account.

Did our support ask you for the last 4 digits of your card? This may help us identify the account.

If we did not ask - please send this info to support & we will look into it right away.

Not sure what happened - but we'd like to do anything we can to help.

Best,

Gil

Answer
Under review

Hi Steven -

Very sorry about the inconvenience.

If we were able to locate the account we could disable billing for that account.

Did our support ask you for the last 4 digits of your card? This may help us identify the account.

If we did not ask - please send this info to support & we will look into it right away.

Not sure what happened - but we'd like to do anything we can to help.

Best,

Gil

No they did not. But what will happen if the charges don't stop now that my card is inactive? It's a real headache

Someone apparently signed up to our service with your card. If it was not you - then that person may have signed up for other services (or purchased goods etc).

That's why you did well cancelling your card - and your cc company should prevent any further charges (now that you told them that your card has been compromised).

Regardless - I suggest to follow up, locate the account and disable it.

Best,

Gil

is that what you found out? I just emailed support with my last 4 digits of my card. Hopefully I can rest easy now. My intent was to try your product, not to be billed for something I never paid for

No -

I had not yet looked into any detailed account information when I made that comment.

But from your further note it would appear that you yourself signed up to SitePal - and thus your credit card information was not compromised - and there was therefore no reason for you to cancel your cc.

If you want to cancel your subscription at any point - you can do so in your "Account Info" page - or you can send us a note and we will take care of it for you. Of course - we do need to identify your account, which requires the email address you used to login.

I checked in with support - and we did identify your account by using the cc last 4 digits. Autobilling is now disabled - and we will refund the most recent charge (per our 30 day money back guaranty).

Hope this helps,

Best,

Gil

yes but I did not know my old account with my girlfriends email (misssherrioconnor) was the one being charged. But I am glad this has been resolved and hope there are no further issues. I appreciate the hel