SitePal’s community support is here to offer support, solve problems, share ideas, and update our customers about the latest from SitePal!
+1
Completed

Text-to-Speech: 10 New Voices!

Jesse 13 years ago in SitePal Studio updated by Gil Sideman 7 years ago 4
For those of you who are always looking to keep your website fresh with new content and new avatar voices, the holiday season is coming early this year!

In addition to introducing 3 new text-to-speech (TTS) languages, SitePal is also adding 10 new voices to its lineup of TTS talent. In total, SitePal's text-to-speech* selection includes about 150 voices from the industries top text-to-speech technology providers.

The current update includes the following new text-to-speech voices: Anna (German), Thomas (French), Oskar (Swedish), Ting-Ting (Chinese), Xander (Dutch), Milena (Russian), Maged (Arabic), Damayanti (Indonesian), Eszter (Hungarian), and Simona (Romanian).

As always, SitePal will continue to include more new voices and dialects, as soon as they are developed by our TTS partners.

To see SitePal's text to speech feature in action, try one of the following:
- SitePal's text-to-speech translator - Type in your text, choose the language you want to translate to and from, and SitePal will both translate it, and speak it!
- SitePal's text-to-speech widget - Create and share an avatar message using TTS.
- SitePal's Demo editor - Try SitePal's full-feature demo to create a custom avatar. Then, send it to your friends!

*Note that the text-to-speech feature is available from the Silver package and up. For a comparison of SitePal packages, visit www.sitepal.com/packages.
audio features text to speech tts voices
+1
Answered

Does your TTS program privide speed control function?

Winstone Choi 10 years ago in SitePal Studio updated by Sumit 10 years ago 1
2. Second one is speed control function. My customers are mostly Korean elementary school students who wish to learn English as a foreigh language. So English sentences should be read slowly to beginners.If your TTS program provides Speed Control function, that would be very helpful to us.
+1
Fixed

Valencian and Catalan are the same language

puigvertm 13 years ago in SitePal Studio updated by Gil 13 years ago 2
Dear colleagues i like your site but there is an error in your languages drill down options. Valencian and catalan are the same language. In fact Valencian is a catalan dialect as it can be the argentinian or mexican spanish (well represented in the selection options). So if you want to be philologically rigorous you should have the two languages (valencian and catalan) related in the same selection option.
kind regards
Marc Puigvert
valencian catalan language
Answer
Gil 13 years ago
Marc -
We updated our list of languages to correctly reflect that Valencian is a dialect of Catalan.
Thanx for calling our attention to it.
Regards
Gil
SitePal Team
+1

Is There A Marketplace For Third Party Solutions?

Mark Century 12 years ago in SitePal Studio 0
Does OddCast provide a SitePal marketplace where third party solutions can be listed?

For example, I have developed an extensive, feature rich SDK that enables SitePal to be used within Microsoft Silverlight applications.
marketplace silverlight third-party
+1

New 3D Avatars: Meet Sophia and Vincent!

Jesse 13 years ago in SitePal Studio updated by valsassina tv 13 years ago 3
Hey SitePal readers & users! We're very happy to introduce two additional 3D avatars in the SitePal editor. Our lineup of 3D avatars is ever-growing and includes a greater variety of models. Meet Sophia and Vincent:

Meet Sophia:

Meet Vincent:

As always, these 3D models are available to all SitePal customers. Why not try them on for size right now? Click to launch the SitePal Demo Editor.

Stay tuned for more new SitePal models!
featured avatars characters models
Answered

Sitepal Avatar Dynamic Dimension

Lakshmi Narayanan 2 years ago in SitePal Studio updated 2 years ago 3

I have embedded sitepal into my project Website. However, I have issues when I try to resize my browser window and the sitepal avatar dimensions remain the same, causing it to overlay/underlay with other elements in the webpage. Can you please point me towards the right direction to solve / Workaround this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Answered

speak letters one by one

Shubham Kashikar 3 years ago in SitePal Studio updated by Gil Sideman 3 years ago 2

In sayText(), is there a way in which will some letters one by one and not as a word. Ex IT is pronounced similar to it.

Answer
Gil Sideman 3 years ago

It depends first and foremost on the voice you select.

For example, engine 7 and engine 3 voices will interpret IT in a sentence in the expected way. 

Try this sentence -

I asked IT for assistance.

( btw - a convenient place to test is our demo - www.ttsdemo.com  )

and go through the available English voices.

If the voice you prefer to use does not pronounce it the way you expect, you can always turn to phonetic spelling.

In this case - separate the letters - 

I asked I T for assistance.

Hope this helps,

Gil

The SitePal Team

Not a bug

TTS local domain without webserver running?

achr 4 years ago in SitePal Studio updated by Gil Sideman 4 years ago 2

Hello, 

Is there any way I can add a bare local domain to the approved domains on my account; in order to use TTS?

I know 'localhost' and IP addresses are supported, but I am talking about using TTS solely from an HTML file (with js) -> without running on any web-server (whether local or remote).

I have tried my external IP, internal IP, localhost, 127.0.0.1 - none of these work.

Thanks

Answer
Gil Sideman 4 years ago

Hi - 

Your page (in which your sitepal character is embedded) must be delivered by a web server.

But you can easily install a local server. Most developers do.

Hope this helps,

Gil