SitePal’s community support is here to offer support, solve problems, share ideas, and update our customers about the latest from SitePal!
+1
Answered

How can I play a sequence of scenes?

valsassina tv 13 years ago in SitePal Gold updated by Gil 13 years ago 6
Answer
Gil 13 years ago
Hi -
There are two ways to go about it -

1. upgrade to Avatar Studio - which is our enterprise level product. Studio supports multiple Scene "Shows". Provides seamless playback of consecutive Scenes, i.e. preloading subsequent scenes and switching etc. No programming necessary.
to find out more - send a note to sales@sitepal.com

2. Implement a solution yourself using the loadScene api call.
This may or may not achieve the results that you are looking for. I used to have a code example that implements this functionality - but can't immediately locate. If I find it I will post it here.

Hope this helps,
Gil
SitePal Team
+1
Under review

support

Vladimir Zharinov 9 years ago in SitePal Gold updated by Sumit B 9 years ago 1
Hi,
I do not see that support answer my questions or do support. Is that normal behavior or I miss smth?
Vladimir
+1
Answered

DVD viewing?

jay whiting 13 years ago in SitePal Gold updated by Gil 13 years ago 1
Is there any way of copying the scens i have created to a dvd. I have my avatar all set up and running, but when we are at car shows, we have large screens that we use to show our work to a large audience, our avatar would be a great way to start a promotion video. But as with a lot of outside venues we attend, we dont have internet access.
export video
+1
Answered

Articulate - will SitePal work with this??

Stan Guthrie 12 years ago in SitePal Gold updated by Sumit 12 years ago 1
I am trying the 15 day demo to see if Sitepal with work with articualte - I am struggling. I have no knowledge of flash - not sure if I can use sitepal with this authoring tool or not. Anyone have any success???
articulate storyline
Answer
Sumit 12 years ago
Hi,
Yes SitePal work with articulate, Publish the scene as flash embed code then copy and paste the code into articulate slide using web object tool(media toolbar).

Sumit.
+1
Answered

Sitepal on facebook with FBML

valsassina tv 13 years ago in SitePal Gold updated 13 years ago 11
Sitepal on facebook with FBML
I follow the instruction (http://www.sitepal.com/nl200908/#tipm..., but it doesn't work.
No image is loaded and no avatar is lounched!

Clicca sull'immagine!
facebook fbml
Answer
Gil 13 years ago
ok - we figured out the problem.
the reason the thumbnail did not display in our example - we had a WHITESPACE in front of the image url and swf url. Facebook tries to cache those urls and they do not strip blank spaces...

This is most likely the same problem you ran into.

here's an updated example -

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Harmles...

let me know
+1
Answered

Objectionable words listing - how to get a text file uploaded, or easily create aiml from the text file

Cyber Bot Master Mark 12 years ago in SitePal Gold updated by anonymous 12 years ago 4
I have a list of over 10,000 words or phrases that are considered to be objectionable, not polite, unkind, profane, etc. How can I QUICKLY get this to become AIML?
bad naughty objectionable
+1
Answered

Can't Post Video

Brittney McDowell 13 years ago in SitePal Gold updated by Gil 13 years ago 1
I Cant upload my wmv video file... is 400x300.. a little over 2MB.... WATS THE DAMN PROBLEM!?!?!?
Answer
Gil 13 years ago
Brittney -
I assume you are trying to upload a background.
Our QA reviewed the uploading wmv video as background, and we could not recreate a problem - worked ok for us.

This seems to indicate the problem may specific to the video you are trying to upload. That does not mean something is wrong with the video - but it may be a variant that for some reason we do not support.

It would be great if you could send us the video to support@sitepal.com, together with your account id - and we will look into it and advise further.

We should be able to get the video uploaded to your account for you.
Regards
Gil
SitePal Team
+1
Answered

AI and mobile with or without a scene

Emiliano De Laurentiis 9 years ago in SitePal Gold updated by Gil Sideman 5 years ago 9
Can the AI engine be used on mobile? I don't mind if, for now, it defaults to no scene, just the AI "say it" and response fields, but we do need a solution where mobile devices are also served by the bot.
Answer
Gil Sideman 5 years ago

Hello - the answer is yes. 

Karleigh - you must be using our deprecated Flash AI player. There is no need for Puffin or any other specialized solution. The Flash implementation has been replaced by an HTML5 solution which works on all browsers and platforms - but - to use it with AI you need to create your own solution using some basic programming.

SitePal provides an API function called sayAIResponse - you need to feed it the user's question, and your SitePal character will speak the response. That's it.

We have a working example, which you can test on your mobile device, and use our code as a basis for your own implementation. Please review here - 

http://www.oddcast.com/support1/sayAI.html

Copy the source code from the page and replace our embed code with your own (from your SitePal account). 

Don't forget to enable your domain (add to your licensed domains on "account info" page).

That's it.

Hope this helps, if you have specific questions please send us a note to support@sitepal.com

Regards

Gil

+1
Answered

play a scene with no internet access

Dudu Dahan 12 years ago in SitePal Gold updated by Gil 12 years ago 1
hi. i'm new here.
i think it's a basic question. can i deploy and play my scene to local website
with no internet access at all ?
thank's. David.
internet localhost
Answer
Gil 12 years ago
David -

Though this is not possible with SitePal - we do offer at extra cost the option to "export" a Scene - which generates a detached version of the scene that can be hosted anywhere.
Export is licensed by the minute so you would be able to export as many Scenes as you need
For more information - please send a note to sales@sitepal.com

hope this helps,
Gil
SitePal Team
+1
Answered

Is there a way to have more than one account manager?

Carter Maysilles 13 years ago in SitePal Gold updated by Gil 13 years ago 1
Another department in our company wants to use one of our scenes for a presentation, but we are worried about opening up ALL of our scenes to them. Is there a way to assign a "scene manager" to a specific scene, and give them a different login?
multiple account managers